It is normal for you to attach particular importance to the way in which your data is obtained, used and shared.
This personal data protection policy (the “Policy”) illustrates the commitment of Richard Vrand – EU-Timber company under number BE0753.624.078 and whose offices are located at 96, Schonekeerstraat 8930 Lauwe – as data controller with respect to the privacy and protection of the personal data of its users and customers.
Accordingly, this personal data protection policy (the “Policy”) has been drawn up to inform you of the practices and conditions under which EU-Timber collects, uses and stores your personal data (the “Data”).
Here you will find the various Data that we may collect and process or that you may transmit to us when you access and/or use our website.
Given the constant evolution of laws and regulations concerning technology and the protection of personal data, it is likely that this Policy will be updated.
If you have subscribed to this Site’s newsletter, you will be informed of any changes by e-mail. If any provision of this Policy is found to be invalid or unlawful, it shall be deemed unwritten and shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Policy.
This Policy applies to Data collected :
- Via the site;
- Via e-mails exchanged between EU-Timber and you or any other electronic messaging tool;
- When you create a user account on the Site;
- When you subscribe to the Site’s Newsletter (the “Newsletter”).
It does not apply to information collected by any third parties or through sites managed by such third parties; including via applications or content (including advertisements) redirecting the user to the Sites.
Please read the Policy carefully so that you clearly understand our practices regarding the processing of your Data and inform you that consultation and/or use of our Sites necessarily entails acceptance of this Policy. If you do not accept this Policy, please do not use our Site. It is your responsibility to ensure that the Data communicated to EU-Timber is complete, accurate and up-to-date.
1. Data collection
EU-Timber does not collect any personal data when you visit www.eu-timber.com without registering (login or otherwise) on a secure site.
We collect information only when you register on our site, log in to your account, make a purchase, enter a contest, and/or log out.
EU-Timber may record certain information for statistical, administrative or site improvement purposes, without revealing any personal data or identifying any individual visitor.
In summary, we may collect the following Data:
- Your e-mail address will be requested if you wish to create a user account, communicate with us via the contact forms and/or receive our newsletter;
- Data relating to your identity, such as your surname, first name, e-mail address and telephone number, may be requested;
- Browsing data: this concerns data relating to the way in which you use the Sites, including: IP address, browser used, browsing time, search history, operating system used, language and pages viewed;
- Data concerning your visits to our Sites, including traffic data, log files and other data or communication resources you use when accessing our Sites;
- Data relating to orders: your postal address is required for invoicing purposes. Likewise, your bank details must be provided in order to pay for your order;
- Data relating to the use of social networks when you use their functionalities.
- Data may be collected in various ways. Data may be collected directly when you transfer them to us using the contact and user account creation forms, newsletter registration forms available on the Site and/or communicated when you contact us by telephone.
When you contact us by these different means, a copy of your exchanges with EU-Timber, including e-mail addresses, is made and archived.
2. Use of data
Any information we collect from you may be used to:
- Personalize your experience and meet your individual needs
- Provide personalized advertising content
- Improve our website
- Improve customer service and support needs
- Contact you by e-mail
- Administer a contest, promotion or survey
3. Data confidentiality
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. Your personal information will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason, without your consent, other than as necessary to fulfill a request and/or transaction, such as shipping an order.
4. Data retention period
EU-Timber only keeps your Data for the time necessary to achieve the purposes set out in Article 2. This retention period is not the same depending on the Data in question, as the nature and purpose of the collection may vary. Similarly, certain legal obligations impose a specific retention period. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we keep your e-mail address until you unsubscribe.
When you contact EU-Timber via the various contact forms, e-mail or telephone, your data will be kept for up to five (5) years from the last contact. In the case of your user account, your billing data will be kept for ten (10) years from the date of purchase. The rest of your data will be kept for five (5) years from the date of your request to deactivate your user account. Your credit card details, for all purchases, will be kept for thirteen (13) months from the date of debit, in the event of any disputes regarding the transaction. If you so request, your Site user account will be deactivated and then completely deleted at the end of the above-mentioned periods, starting from the day on which you made the request.
Lastly, Data collected by means of cookies or tracers will be kept for up to six (6) months in the case of audience measurement cookies or tracers, and for up to thirteen (13) months in the case of other cookies or tracers. Beyond the above-mentioned retention periods, your Data will be anonymized and stored exclusively for statistical purposes.
5. Protection of personal data
We implement a variety of security measures to preserve the safety of your personal information. We use state-of-the-art encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online. We also protect your information offline. Only employees who need to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) have access to personally identifiable information. Computers and servers used to store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
6. What are your rights?
In accordance with the Belgian law of December 8, 1992 on the protection of privacy with regard to the processing of personal data and, from May 25, 2018, with European Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of April 27, 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), users whose data has been collected have the right to consult this data, request its correction or, if necessary, its deletion.
Users may also object to the processing of data concerning them. These rights may be exercised by sending a written request by e-mail to :
Phone: +32 (0)56 19 42 91
Complaints concerning violations of Belgian rules on the protection of personal data on this Website may be addressed to the Belgian Commission for the Protection of Privacy (Commission Belge de la Protection de la Vie Privée) at email@example.com.
7. Disclosure to third parties
We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer your personally identifiable information to third parties. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our Web site or conducting our business, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
Non-private information, however, may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
8. Cookies and other tracking devices
A “cookie” is a small file stored on your computer’s hard drive when you visit a site or view an advertisement. These cookies are used to improve your user experience by proposing services or offers corresponding to your centers of interest. You can refuse their use at any time by configuring your Internet browser.
The nature and purpose of the cookies used by the Website are detailed below. Some cookies are necessary for certain technical functions of the Website and will only be stored for a limited period.
Types of cookies used
- Audience measurement (Google Analytics): Audience measurement tools are deployed to obtain information about visitors’ browsing behavior. Their purpose is to analyze site navigation behavior for optimization purposes.
- Social buttons: Our site may contain third-party applications. This may be the case with buttons/links to social networks (such as the “Share” and “Like” buttons from social networks such as Facebook and Twitter). We therefore invite you to consult their cookie management and privacy policies.
- Advertising: These are cookies used on or off our site to display advertising or send you information tailored to your interests. Advertising cookies are used in particular to limit the number of times you see an ad and to help us measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.
To accept or refuse the installation of cookies, you need to configure your Internet browser. As each browser’s configuration is different, it is described in your browser’s help menu, which will tell you how to modify your cookie preferences.
You can disable cookies as follows:
– Select the “Tools” menu, then “Internet Options”.
– Click on the “Privacy” tab
– Select the desired level using the slider
– Choose the “Tools” menu, then “Options”.
– Click on the “Privacy” tab
– In the “Retention rules” drop-down list, select the desired level
– Enter the address chrome://settings/ in the browser address bar
– Click on “Advanced settings” then “Content settings” then “Cookies”.
– Configure your browser as required
– Click on the “Safari” menu
– Click on “Preferences
– In the “Security” tab, select the desired level
Please note that deleting cookies may make browsing more difficult or even impossible.
We use the e-mail address you provide to send you information and updates relating to your order, occasional company news, information on related products, etc. If at any time you wish to unsubscribe and no longer receive e-mails, detailed unsubscribe instructions are included at the bottom of each e-mail. If at any time you wish to unsubscribe and no longer receive e-mails, detailed unsubscribe instructions are included at the bottom of each e-mail.
11. Site design and hosting
The EU-Timber website has been created by:
Phone: +32 (0) 56 33 08 31
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
The website is hosted by :
2 rue Kellermann
59100 Roubaix – France
Phone number: 0 899 498 765